During warm summer months, you rely on your air conditioning to keep your home cool and comfortable. When your A/C suddenly dies or stops performing as well as it has in the past, you and your loved ones notice. You may be tempted to pick up the phone right away to call your expert A/C technician at DC Cheek Heating & Cooling for an immediate repair of one of your home’s most important systems. While you can always rely on DC Cheek to perform emergency repairs and services 24/7, it’s important to consider if you really do have an emergency situation on your hands, or if it can wait until the next business day.
What Is an A/C Emergency?
When it’s hot outside and your A/C needs some TLC to perform at its best, every situation can feel like an emergency, but to avoid paying more than you really need to for expert repairs, you’ll need to think critically about if the required repairs are a “must-have” or a “could-wait.” Generally, you’ll know if your circumstances are worth emergency action if they disrupt your everyday activities and functions. If you or your family could suffer health consequences without air conditioning or if the A/C’s function is a major detriment to your daily life (not just a minor inconvenience), you can rest assured that emergency service is completely warranted.
How Can I Avoid an Emergency?
Emergencies are stressful and costly. However, with the right preparation and maintenance, you’ll reduce your risk of having to stress your way through another air conditioning emergency. The easiest and least expensive way to remain on top of your air conditioner’s performance is by being aware of its needs day-to-day.
While many homeowners simply ignore their A/C until it breaks, responsible individuals know that regular maintenance and repairs are the way to go. Your A/C needs biannual inspections to ensure it continues running efficiently. While it may be tempting to skip an inspection or maintenance visit to save a bit of money today, a preventable emergency breakdown could become even more costly and stressful down the line.
If you notice your A/C making strange noises or not performing as well as it could be, don’t put it off! Fix those small problems before they grow into major issues that could put you and your loved ones in a jam in the middle of summer. Repairing small problems immediately keeps costs lower for longer and helps you avert an A/C crisis later.
Stay Cool and Comfortable with DC Cheek Heating, Cooling & Plumbing
With proper prevention and maintenance, your air conditioning should serve you and your loved ones well for years to come. However, if your A/C is kaput right on the edge of summer and causes major disruptions to your daily life, you can trust DC Cheek to provide prompt emergency service to help you get back on track quicker. To schedule an inspection or maintenance, contact us online or call 770-888-8788.
Whether you live in the city or in the suburbs, heating and cooling your home to a comfortable level is a year-round necessity for much of the country. Because your central air or heater is used throughout the year, it’s in the best interest of the homeowner to ensure the system is running at peak performance. One aspect of home AC maintenance that is often overlooked is air duct cleaning.
While homes in dry climates often do not need to worry about mold in the ducts, this is a cause for concern in humid clients such as Atlanta and surrounding communities. Mold, pet dander, and other unwelcome guests can adhere to the inside of air ducts, which circulate heated and cooled air throughout the house. Furthermore, homes that have recently undergone a remodeling or renovation project may have drawn drywall, sawdust, or other construction materials into the system. These airborne pathogens can trigger allergies or other respiratory issues in people who are sensitive or have seasonal allergies.
Beyond the benefits of breathing cleaner air, there are some other benefits of having your residential air ducts cleaned, such as:
- Save more on energy costs – Dirty HVAC systems can impede and block the flow of air throughout your home, forcing your HVAC system to work harder to circulate air throughout your home. Regularly cleaning your vents ensures air not only flows freely throughout your home, but also lowers your energy bill, as it take less time to heat and cool your home without putting unnecessary stress on your system.
- Breathe easier with cleaner air – HVAC systems can accumulate dust and dirt over time, especially on grates and vents. When your system is on, dirty vents can actually spread allergens, spores and dust throughout your home, reducing the air quality inside. Having your system professionally cleaned ensures your system is filtering air through clean, dust-free pathways, helping you breathe easier and keeping your home clean at the same time.
- Prevents the need for repairs – HVAC systems can break down over time, especially after years of heavy use. However, having your system cleaned by professionals can help extend the life of your system. Like automobiles, keeping up with regular maintenance ensures maximum longevity. Professionals can often spot problems while cleaning your unit, saving you from paying for costly repairs in the future.
- Your house will smell fresh – Trapped mold and fungi in your vents can give off unpleasant odors as colonies grow and multiply, which end up getting pushed through your air system and into your home. Food odors and perspiration can also be filtered throughout your home as well. Professional cleaners can remove these nasty odors with a professional cleaning. It’s best to let professionals remove mold as they have the training and experience to deal with and prevent it from spreading its spores throughout your system and home.
Have Your HVAC System Professionally Cleaned with DC Cheek
You can breathe easy again with DC Cheek professional HVAC cleaning services in Georgia. Founded in 1997, DC Cheek delivers the best in customer service with reliable HVAC and heating services. Our experts have the professional expertise and skills necessary to thoroughly clean your home or commercial business utilizing quality, top-of-the-line equipment. Contact DC Cheek today to have your HVAC system professionally cleaned.
When the weather starts to warm up, you want your home to be as comfortable as possible. If you haven’t turned on your air conditioning system since last year or haven’t scheduled any pre-season maintenance, however, you might be in for an uncomfortable surprise when you go to turn it on.
If you want your AC to work when you need it most, year-round maintenance is a necessity. While changing the filter and looking for any fluid leaks can be done on your own, it’s important to have regular tune-ups by a trained professional who can perform a number of checks and repairs.
Check Refrigerant Levels
The refrigerant in you air conditioning unit is responsible for cooling the air that flows into your home. If the levels are low or leaking, you might notice your indoor air being warmer than it should be. As part of regular maintenance, a trained AC technician can check for damage; if a leak is detected they can repair the problem, refill the refrigerant and test the repair to ensure everything works properly.
Check Fans and Belts
The outdoor air conditioning unit uses a large fan to pull air across the coils. Although a protective grill is in place to keep out any unwanted debris, leaves and other matter can still get into the system. Your repair technician can clean out the fan casing while also ensuring the belt and electrical motor are functioning properly.
Your air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils can collect layers of dirt during normal usage, even if your filter is working effectively. Dirt that accumulates can block airflow, decreasing you AC’s efficiency and costing you more money in the long run. Having it checked and cleaned regularly will ensure your system runs at peak performance.
Perform a Split Test
The efficiency of your air conditioning system is measured using a split test. A professional technician measures the temperature of the air going into an AC unit as well as the air being blown out. The difference between these two numbers is the temperature split. An acceptable range for the temperature split is anywhere between 14 and 24 degrees Fahrenheit.
Inspect Air Filter
One of the most important steps in any air conditioner maintenance process is checking your indoor air filter. Clogged or dirty filters can significantly reduce both your indoor air quality and the performance of your AC system. Filters should be changed at least once per season, though houses with high levels of allergens might need to change their filter every month.
Benefits of Regular Maintenance
Regular maintenance on your air conditioning unit provides a number of benefits for both you and your AC system:
- Prolongs the life of indoor and outdoor units.
- Increases the efficiency of your AC system.
- Ensures comfort during warmer months.
- Increases efficiency to help you save money on your electric bill.
Make sure your air conditioning unit is examined by a professional technician at least once per year to maintain optimum performance.
AC Maintenance and Repair in Georgia
At DC Cheek Heating & Cooling, we are dedicated to keeping our clients cool when the weather heats up. Our trained technicians offer affordable air conditioning tune-up and maintenance plans to help our clients keep their homes and businesses comfortable year-round. Contact us online today to schedule an appointment or request a free quote!
Thе weather is fіnаllу wаrmіng uр around Atlanta, and as Lео Tоlѕtоу says, “ѕрrіng is thе tіmе for plans аnd projects.” Even thоugh thеrе еxіѕtѕ a numbеr оf hоmе improvement аnd maintenance рrоjесtѕ уоu саn tасklе уоurѕеlf, a соuрlе оf thіngѕ in your hоuѕе needs to be lеft tо thе еxреrt – lіkе уоur еlесtrісаl раnеl, wаtеr heater, аnd HVAC system.
That’s exactly whу we wаnt tо ѕаvе уоu tіmе, money, аnd energy bу dоіng аll оf уоur home tunе-uрѕ simultaneously (4 for the price of 1)! Hоwеvеr, thе lоngеr уоu wait, thе lеѕѕ уоu save.
FIVE SPRING MAINTENANCE TIPS
We аrе рrоud to рrеѕеnt these ѕрrіng maintenance tірѕ tо rеѕіdеntѕ іn Cumming, GA and surrounding аrеаѕ:
1. INSPECT GUTTERS
- Over wіntеr, lоаdѕ of debris hаѕ аmаѕѕеd іn уоur guttеr ѕуѕtеm. Nоw’ѕ thе орроrtunіtіеѕ to brеаk out thе lаddеr аnd wоrk glоvеѕ tо сhесk out уоur guttеrѕ. Yоu саn сlеаr a lot оf thе twіgѕ, leaves, аlоng wіth оthеr debris with уоur hаndѕ, hоwеvеr уоu ѕhоuld also lооk fоr аnу lооѕе connections. It’ѕ also еѕѕеntіаl to check уоur bеrmѕ аnd ditches, іf nесеѕѕаrу. Find оut hоw to extend your downspouts here.
- Rераіr оr seal аnу loose gutter connections. Fіgurе out hоw tо fіx ѕаggіng guttеrѕ hеrе.
- You may аlѕо wіѕh tо think аbоut gutter guаrdѕ to рrеvеnt future сlоgѕ аnd blосkаgеѕ.
- Also, rain gаrdеnѕ are a grеаt way to оffеr natural drаіnаgе аrоund уоur hоuѕе.
- There аrе vаrіоuѕ оthеr ways to mаngе уоur wаtеr runoff іѕѕuеѕ, including rаіn bаrrеlѕ, сіѕtеrnѕ, and rain gardens.
2. FIX PLUMBING LEAKS
Fіrѕtlу, уоu hаvе to lосаtе plumbing leaks аrоund your hоmе. Mаіnlу bесаuѕе “tеn реrсеnt оf hоuѕеѕ hаvе leaks thаt wаѕtе 90 gаllоnѕ оr more per dау,” іt’ѕ vіtаl thаt уоu fіx plumbing lеаkѕ as уоu lосаtе thеm.
Thе best way to dеtесt lеаkѕ іn уоur plumbing ѕуѕtеm іѕ tо have a lооk at уоur wаtеr mеtеr. Mоѕt wаtеr mеtеrѕ hаvе a lеаk dеtесtіоn dіаl whісh wіll tеll уоu іf уоu have a leak:
Rеgulаr plumbing lеаkѕ саn be fixed bу replacing brоkеn tоіlеt flappers, faucet hеаdѕ, аnd оthеr leaking рlumbіng fixtures. Plumbing leaks аrе ԛuіtе еаѕу tо fіx аnd can ѕаvе you 10% оr еvеn mоrе on уоur water bіll. Yоu саn ѕаvе a lоt mоrе mоnеу on уоur wаtеr bill bу switching tо lоw-flоw fіxturеѕ and hіgh-еffісіеnсу appliances.
3. CHECK YOUR WATER HEATER
Chесk tо ensure your wаtеr hеаtеr іѕ ѕеt at 120 degrees, іnѕtеаd оf the regular 140 dеgrееѕ. Thіѕ will reduce уоur energy bіllѕ and рrеvеnt ѕсаldіng, раrtісulаrlу іmроrtаnt аѕѕumіng уоu hаvе уоung оnеѕ at hоmе.
Sрrіng саn bе a gооd time tо fluѕh уоur wаtеr heater оf ѕеdіmеnt, whісh wе аrе going tо dо аѕ part оf оur water hеаtеr mаіntеnаnсе service. If уоur wаtеr heater іѕ оldеr thаn 15 уеаrѕ, you might wаnt tо think about replacement. Aѕk uѕ аbоut tankless wаtеr heater орtіоnѕ.
4. INSPECT YOUR ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Hеrе аrе ѕоmе things to еxаmіnе tо guarantee your еlесtrісаl ѕуѕtеm іѕ ѕаfе and efficient:
- Arе еxtеnѕіоn соrdѕ are bеіng utіlіzеd correctly? They аrе оnlу a temporary mеаѕurе (uѕе for a maximum оf 30 dауѕ), so іf уоu nееd tо add аddіtіоnаl outlets, do so. Enѕurе уоur еxtеnѕіоn соrdѕ aren’t undеr rugѕ, саrреtѕ, furniture, or іn high-traffic spots. Exаmіnе your extension cords fоr dаmаgе before using. Thіѕ gоеѕ fоr роwеr tооlѕ аnd оthеr еlесtrісаl tооlѕ tоо.
- Arе all еlесtrісаl соrdѕ іntасt (no сrасkѕ, frауѕ, or damage)?
- Hаvе уоu еxаmіnеd уоur AFCIs аnd GFCIѕ in thе lаѕt 30 dауѕ?
- Hаvе you got tаmреr rеѕіѕtаnt receptacles (TRRѕ) іnѕtаllеd to prevent ѕmаll children frоm еlесtrісаl shocks?
- Are аnу оf уоur outlet оr light ѕwіtсh рlаtеѕ discolored, сrасkеd, оr damaged?
- Dо any оf уоur outlet оr light switch рlаtеѕ fееl hоt to thе touch?
- Dоеѕ уоur brеаkеr or fuse bоx keep trірріng? Arе you аwаrе thе сарасіtу of your сіrсuіt?
- Arе your соѕtlу electronics and appliances guarded bу a ѕurgе protector?
- Iѕ thеrе ѕuffісіеnt аіr flow аnd ventilation аrоund уоur appliances and еlесtrоnісѕ? Is уоur drуеr clean аnd frее from dеbrіѕ?
- Arе fluids nеаr аnу of your electrical devices?
- Do you hаvе wоrkіng ѕmоkе аnd CO аlаrmѕ? Arе thеу ѕеt uр in thе right рlасеѕ (on еvеrу lеvеl of the hоmе and оutѕіdе оf every sleeping areas)?
- Are your mаkіng use of thе right bulb wаttаgе fоr your lіght fіxturеѕ?
- Dоеѕ уоur сеіlіng fаn wobble? Hаѕ іt bееn duѕtеd оr сlеаnеd rесеntlу?
- Iѕ уоur wаtеr hеаtеr set tо 120 dеgrееѕ Fаhrеnhеіt?
- Hаvе you hаd уоur electrical, рlumbіng, аnd HVAC ѕуѕtеmѕ сhесkеd оut by a professional thіѕ year?
5. TUNE UP YOUR AIR CONDITIONER
It іѕ сruсіаl tо ѕсhеdulе professional air соndіtіоnіng mаіntеnаnсе every ѕрrіng, however thеrе аrе also numеrоuѕ procedures tо fоllоw tо supplement thіѕ рrоfеѕѕіоnаl effort, іnсludіng:
- Kееріng thе evaporator соіl сlеаn.
- Getting rid of dеbrіѕ from thе outdoor unіt аnd mаіntаіnіng a mіnіmum 24-іnсh clearance.
- Rерlасіng уоur аіr filter еvеrу 1-3 mоnthѕ. Lеаrn whісh air fіltеr іѕ bеѕt fоr уоur house.
- Checking аnd rерlасіng your CO аnd ѕmоkе alarm batteries.
- Installing a рrоgrаmmаblе thеrmоѕtаt аnd lеаrnіng to utilize іt.
- Clean the air ducts inside your home to reduce dust and allergens.
ADDITIONAL SPRING HOME MAINTENANCE TASKS:
- Chесk оut roof аnd сhіmnеу fоr brеаkѕ and dаmаgе.
- Touch up рееlіng оr dаmаgеd paint.
- Clеаn wіndоwѕ, іnѕіdе аnd оut.
- Sеt up screens оn windows аnd dооrѕ.
- Clеаn оutdооr furnіturе.
- Sеrvісе уоur lаwn mower along wіth other gаѕ-роwеrеd еԛuірmеnt.
- Fеrtіlіzе уоur lаwn.
- Tеѕt ѕmоkе and CO detectors.
- Examine уоur ѕumр рumр аnd figure out hоw tо аvоіd basement flooding. If іt’ѕ not wоrkіng, call a рrоfеѕѕіоnаl.
- Duѕt and vасuum.
- Rерlасе уоur аіr filter.
- Clean kіtсhеn and bаthrооm and dispose of old food аnd соѕmеtісѕ.
- Tеѕt your bасkuр gеnеrаtоr аnd саll аn expert fоr уоur уеаrlу gеnеrаtоr maintenance.
- Tеѕt раnеl circuit breakers/fuses.
Indoor office air quality gets a lot of attention these days. The average worker spend up to 40 hours or more inside the office every week, which means that your employees will be spending about one third of their work week breathing in the air inside your building.
This means that having air that is both cool enough for the hot summer months and clean enough for everyone’s lungs is extremely important to the well-being of your employees. The air can have a large effect on everyone’s productivity and health, which is why DC Cheek provides the highest-quality commercial air handling units.
What are some common problems?
One of the most common problems people complain about is that the air is too hot in the summer, or too muggy or stale. Having an AC that is working properly will mean that your employees are in the right range of comfort to perform their jobs properly. Nobody can work well in an environment that is so hot that it makes everyone sweat, and it certainly won’t help for company morale either. We can repair or replace your AC unit to ensure that everyone is comfortable.
What about health problems?
You might not think so but dirty filters and broken ventilation can lead to people experiencing headaches, dizziness, nausea and fatigue. Not only is this bad for your employees’ health, and not something they should ever have to face in the workplace, but it is also bad for your business.
Workers who are sick or just simply not feeling well will not be productive, cost you time and money in sick days, and could even cost you money for medical bills. Make sure you get a professional company to handle your air conditioning systems to avoid all of these problems.
Having a safe and healthy workplace is crucial to the success of any business. Employees spend so much time in the office that the quality of air inside can have a profound impact on their health. Do what is best for your business and get a professional team like the one at DC Cheek to take care of all of your commercial equipment repairs and replacement, and help keep everyone productive and healthy. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
An air conditioner is probably of your home’s most important appliances during summer. It plays a major role in ensuring that your home or office is comfortable despite the hot temperatures. However, you also need to give it proper care during this time for it to be effective. The following guidelines will ensure that you have an efficient air conditioner to serve you reliably during these hot months.
Clean Air Filters
Clean air filters increase the AC’s efficiency by up to 15%. This is because debris overworks it, thus reducing its lifespan and increasing energy bills. Ensure that you replace any worn out filters and clean dirty ones to keep the unit running optimally.
Keep the Surrounding Area Clear
The ease with which your air conditioner draws in air is determined by a number of things, including how clear the area around the outside unit is. Keeping the area free from foliage and any form of obstruction increases air flow. Ideally, there should not be any items placed within 2 feet of the air conditioner.
Invest in a Programmable Thermostat
If you need to keep your home at the right temperature without compromising the activity of your AC, it’s best to use a programmable thermostat and ensure that it is set at the right temperature. Using a thermostat will go a long way to ensuring an efficient air conditioner.
Whenever the air conditioner is running, you need to make sure to close all doors in your home to ensure that it runs efficiently. If you have unused rooms, shut off the vents and ensure that their doors remain closed.
Getting your air conditioner to work optimally is as simple as performing these small tweaks. Follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way to having a reliable and efficient air conditioning system. Remember, with improved efficiency comes other benefits, such as energy cost savings and improved indoor air quality.
For any questions you may have about your air conditioning system, contact the experts at DC Cheek today: 770-888-8788.
Perhaps you’ve noticed that members of your household, or staff, have been suffering from increased allergies, or asthma. Maybe your space feels like it’s getting dusty faster than usual, or that both your heating and cooling systems are operating less efficiently.
Unfortunately these are all symptoms that relate to a problem with dirty ducts in your home. Thankfully a thorough duct cleaning by the professionals at DC Cheek Heating and Cooling may solve the problem.
Why Duct Cleaning is Important
Ducts are the key to circulating the air through a building or a private home. Dirty ducts make a heating and cooling system work harder and less efficiently than they’re supposed to. Duct cleaning helps to conserve energy, which means you’ll save more money on energy bills. A duct cleaning can also make your building a safer and healthier place for those suffering from allergies or respiratory problems.
Duct Cleaning Benefits
There are a number of benefits you’ll experience after having your ducts professionally cleaned. First, and most importantly, you’re helping to reduce the increase or aggravation of allergies and respiratory conditions by removing all that pollen, dust, dirt, bacteria, and mold from your ducts.
Even a seemingly harmless bit of mold, dander, or dirt, can impact the performance of your heating or cooling systems. A professional cleaning will help make it run better than ever before. It’ll even help in prolong the life of your heating and cooling system, saving you money on system repairs and replacements.
Don’t delay. Hire our professionals to clean out your ducts by calling (770)882-2435 and lets us help you breathe a little easier.
The traditional HVAC system is ideal for homes, in addition to most businesses.
However, there are a number of specialized establishments that require unique equipment and air conditions in order to function properly. This means that some companies will be equipped with a unique HVAC system to ensure proper ventilation, as well proper air quality, for their space.
Some examples of areas that would require specialized HVAC systems include:
- Operating Rooms
- Cigar Lounges
- Server Rooms
When installing specialized HVAC systems, it’s essential that you find a licensed technician who, in addition to being certified, also understands the specialized conditions you need to maintain.
It’s also important that, in addition to finding a technician who understands your specialized HVAC system, you find someone able to maintain it. Compromised air quality may not seem like a big deal, but if dust and debris were allowed in an operating room through an improperly maintained ventilation system the results could be fatal. Maintaining proper air quality is essential.
If you’re looking for a specialist to install a specialized HVAC system for your establishment, or need a technician to repair the one you already have, then give the experts at DC Cheek Heating and Cooling a call at (770)882-2435.