Are you looking to save money and to reduce your monthly energy bills? There are many ways to slash your energy bills without necessarily having to sacrifice the comfort of your family. You can implement the following energy-saving methods:
- Install a programmable thermostat. Whenever possible, lower the thermostat. A programmable thermostat is the best option, is the most efficient and can be easily installed. Lowering the temperature by a few degrees when sleeping and by several additional degrees when you are away from home is recommended.
- Follow a maintenance program. Your HVAC system should be serviced annually by a qualified DC Cheeks professional.
- De-clutter your home. Ensure air registers, heating ducts, and radiators are clean and not blocked with furniture or clutter.
- Replace worn out weather stripping. Weatherize exterior windows and doors to prevent cold air from seeping into your home.
- Pay more attention. Turn off lights, electronic devices, exhaust fans, and appliances when not in use.
- Upgrade outdated HVAC equipment. Replace outdated furnaces, water heaters, or other appliances. Ensure replacement items you purchase are Energy Star certified.
- Install or upgrade your home’s insulation system. There should be a good insulation system in the attic, walls, floors, basement, and crawl spaces of your home.
DC Cheek Heating and Cooling specialist will help you maintain a comfortable home in all seasons. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and visit our website for more information. 770-888-8788.