Should you have your ducts cleaned by a professional service? There are three times when the answer is an unequivocal “yes.” You should have your ducts cleaned when there is substantial visible mold growth inside the ducts, when ducts are infested with vermin, or when ducts are clogged with so much dust and debris that particles large enough to see are blowing into your home.
What the duct cleaning service includes:
– Opening the access ports to allow the whole duct system to be cleaned and inspected.
– Checking for asbestos containing materials before cleaning the system.
– Using vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside of the home or use only high-efficiency particle air (HEPA) vacuuming equipment.
– Using well-controlled brushing of duct surfaces in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dirt or other particles.
– Using soft-bristled brushes for fibreglass duct board and sheet metal ducts lined with fibreglass.
– Taking care to protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes the service provider may have made or used to ensure they’re airtight.
We take around 20,000 breaths a day and more than 10,000 of them occur indoors. Although outdoor air pollution is an obvious problem, indoor air routinely tests as worse. This reiterates the point that we should take absolute care in maintaining our duct systems in order to assure that the air circulating in our home is as clean as possible.
DC Cheek Heating and Cooling will help you maintain your duct systems to maintain safe and healthy air quality standards for your home and workplace. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and visit our website for more information. 770-888-8788.